The Trust’s Board of Directors is led by a Non-Executive Chairman and consists of five further Non-Executive Directors and the following Executive Director posts:
Additional non-voting Trust Executive Directors are the Chief Officers for Human Resources, Information and Estates and Facilities. All the Executive Directors hold the same posts in the Basildon and Southend acute Trusts.
The Board is supported by the Trust Secretary..
Please Click Here to read the full board profiles
As part of the joint working arrangements agreed between the three Trusts, a single leadership team (forming a joint executive group – JEG) was established following consultation and a formal appointments process, including the use of external expert assessors.
With effect from 1 February 2017, the appointees became the executive members of each of the Trust Boards. These arrangements are in the form of secondments from the postholders’ substantive roles and will be reviewed by the three Trust Boards before 31 March 2018.
As at 31 March 2017 the Trust Board consisted of:
- Chairman - Sheila Salmon
- Chief Executive - Clare Panniker
- Chief Finance Officer - James O’Sullivan
- Chief Medical Officer – Dr Celia Skinner
- Chief Nursing Officer - Diane Sarkar
- Chief Transformation Officer - Tom Abell
Non Executive Directors:
- Manny Lewis
- Nicholas Alston
- Colin Grannell
- Karen Hunter
- Parm Phipps
In addition to these voting members the Trust Board also has non-voting members. These are:-
- Managing Director – Lisa Hunt
- Chief Information Officer – Martin Callingham
- Chief Estates & Facilities Director – Carin Charlton
- Chief Human Resources Director – Mary Foulkes OBE