You are here > Our Charity > About Us > Childrens Burns Club > FAQs and Links

FAQs and Links

Large Pic CBC 2


How do I become a member of the CBC?
Complete the online information or contact us by phone or email

How much do activities cost?
Through fundraising and grant funding all activities are free of charge to young burns survivors. There may be a nominal fee for some activities that are extended to families and siblings but where possible these will also be free of charge.

What areas do you cover?
We are grant funded to support young people and families in the London and South East burns network. This covers Essex, London, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, and Northamptonshire.

I would like some extra support who should I contact?
If the support relates to a recovering burn injured child please contact us through phone or email we may be able to assist through family links, or general advice. In certain circumstances we may be able to signpost or offer counselling support.

Are you part of the Hospital?
We are a charity under the umbrella of the Mid Essex Health Trust; however any donations or fundraising DO NOT go to the hospital but to club activities. Staff posts are funded so no donation will contribute to these. The benefits of being part of the Hospital trust include, insurance cover for activities, support with policies, procedure and safeguard checking and good links with staff and resource at a Burns centre of excellence.

I would like to make a donation to the club, who should I make it payable too?
Please make all cheques payable to M.E.H.T ( Childrens burns Club) and if possible write a short letter expressing your donation is to the Children’s Burns club.