The Children’s Audiology service provides diagnostic assessments of hearing function on all babies and children until the age of 18, with intensive rehabilitation for babies and children requiring hearing aids.
With the introduction of National Neonatal screening programme in January 2004, all new born babies receive hearing screening which has led the way forward in the care for babies identified with a permanent hearing loss.
Audiology runs alongside the Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Department including satellite clinics held at St Peters Hospital in Maldon and Braintree Community Hospital.
The Audiology Department is based in A101 (Outpatients),
Broomfield Hospital, Court Road,
The Audiology Team consists of:
- Audiology Manager: Sharon Stern
- Senior Audiologist: David Yarnell
- Senior Audiologist: Colette Halls
- Senior Audiologist: Kelly Thrift
- Lead Paediatric Audiologist: Emma Stead
- Senior Paediatric Audiologist: Joanna Taylor
- Paediatric Audiologist: Kirsten Bradley
- Audiologist: Lucy Russell
- Audiologist: Frederic Gentilhomme
- Senior Audiology Assistant: Lesley Earls
- Senior Audiology Assistant: Claire Yarnell
- Audiology Assistant: Theresa Launder
- Audiology Assistant: Hannah Ellis
- Associate Audiologist (trainee): Aaron Hollis
- Patient Access Officer: Natasha Dowman
- Audiology Admin Assistant: Christine James
- Audiology Secretary: Emma Richardson
Direct access to Audiology is available for the over 50’s requiring a GP referral. This service is available at Broomfield, St Peters Hospital and Braintree Community Hospital.
Repair Service - Opening Times
Broomfield Hospital (By appointment ONLY)
• Monday to Friday 08.30am - 4pm
St Peters Hospital (By appointment only)
• Tuesday & Thursday 08.30am - 4pm
Braintree Community Hospital (By appointment only)
• Thursday 08.30am - 12noon
Please note the repair clinics are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. This means that if your hearing aid needs to be repaired or checked, please call us on 01245 513237 to make an appointment. If you require a technical adjustment i.e. clarity/volume, please telephone us on 01245 513237 to request a Follow-up appointment.
For replacement corda tubes or batteries by post, please send in your brown record book with a LARGE LETTER STAMP to cover the return postage.
Paediatric Audiology Service
We now have a dedicated paediatric phone line which is ONLY for children/parents and young adults who are still in full time education. Children are given priority appointments.
If you have any queries or want to book an appointment please ring:
We are now available to be contacted via the following email address: email@example.com
Battery Replacement Service
You will be able to collect batteries from the following Clinics on production of your brown book:
Moulsham Lodge Clinic
Parkside Clinic Melbourne
Springfield Green Clinic
The Writtle Surgery
Danbury Medical Centre
Braintree Community Hospital
Witham Health Centre
Dunmow St Clare's Hospice Charity shop
Brentwood Community Clinic
St Andrews Billericay
South Woodham Health Centre (Tuesday - Friday)
Wickford Health Centre
Burnham on Crouch Health Centre
St Peters Hospital Maldon
William Fisher Medical Centre
Maylandsea Medical Centre
Other Services we provide: