The Macmillan Information and Support Service (or Information Pod) at Broomfield Hospital offers a welcoming, confidential drop-in service for people affected by cancer. This includes people who:
- require information about cancer
- are living with the consequences of a cancer diagnosis
- are looking to reduce the risk of developing cancer
- are a carer, relative or friend looking for support and/or information
- are healthcare professionals.
How we can help
Staffed by Macmillan Information and Support Service professionals and trained volunteers, we are able to offer:
- literature on all aspects of living with cancer including specific tumour sites, treatments, side-effects and the emotional impact of a cancer diagnosis
- information on cancer related issues such as diet, fatigue, hair loss, work, travel and coping with the cost of cancer
- emotional support and the opportunity to talk to someone in a relaxed environment
- signposting to other services such as counselling, holistic therapies and support for carers
- contact details for local support groups for both patients and their families/carers
- help with completing grant applications and signposting to welfare benefits advice
- HOPE courses
- Health & Wellbeing Events.
Information is available in a number of formats and can also be given over the telephone or via email.
Where to find us
We are situated in the Atrium opposite A110. Please ask at reception if you are unable to find us.
Macmillan Information Pod
Drop in or call us on: 01245 515981
Open Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays) from 9am to 4pm
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org