You are here > Patients & Visitors > Safeguarding Adults/Children > Safeguarding Adults > What do I do if I have a concern?

What do I do if I have a concern?


In emergency situations seek appropriate medical attention and contact the Police, as would be done with anyone in that situation. The protection of the vulnerable adult from harm is the first priority.

If the patient is currently in hospital please bring your concerns to the attention of one of the ward or department staff preferably the Ward Sister or Charge Nurse, or ask a member of staff to contact the Lead Nurse for the Ward.

In non-urgent situations it is important that the information is reported to Adult Social Care so that a care worker can play a part in planning how to respond to any specific case.

Within Essex you can contact AskSal a helpline set up specifically to respond to concerns relating to the safeguarding of adults. AskSal can be contacted on 08452 66 66 63.