Unfortunately, due to unprecedented demand for placements, we've stopped taking applications until October 2019.
Are you interested in a career in the health service?
Want to know more about working for the NHS?
Mid Essex Hospitals NHS Trust is committed to offering work experience placements. This provides an opportunity for students to explore possible careers within the NHS and find out more about the working environment.
Work Experience Information
Mid Essex Hospital Trust welcomes applications from students aiming for a career within the NHS.
We understand the impact that a valuable work experience placement will have on those young people wanting a career within healthcare or to inspire those who are yet to make up their mind.
Placements are offered in numerous areas of the Trust that range from shadowing doctors and consultants, working alongside our nursing team and other healthcare professionals. Whatever the placement you will have gain direct experience of an acute Trust that has been rated as Good by the Care Quality Commission and Outstanding for its Burns and Plastics Service.
If you are interested in a work experience placement please note the following before completing the application via the link below:
- Clinical area (Wards and Outpatient clinics) placements have an age restriction of 16 years and above, Operating Theatres and Paediatrics is 18 years and above.
- Students under 16 years old are welcome to apply but can only be in a non-clinical area (administration) for the placement
- Priority of placements is given to students who are currently studying A levels and those living within the Mid Essex postcodes
- Maternity Services do not offer work experience placements
- Work experience placements will last for 1 week (Monday – Friday)
- Applications must be received 3 months prior to the preferred placement date
- To enable the Trust to provide work experience placements an administration charge of £40 will be sent to successful applicants prior to the placement
- On occasion the student may be asked to move department or have the placement cancelled at short notice (a refund or alternative placement will be offered)
Application status updates will be sent via email. This information is also available to download as a document here.